Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Talanted person is talanted in everything

The article is about hidden intelectualism and how it's manifesting itself.
Gereal Graff writes, ""We assume that it is possible to wax intellectual about Plato, Shakespeare, the French Revolution, and nuclear fission, but not about cars, dating, fashion, sports, TV or video games. The trouble with this assumption is that no necessary connection has ever been established between any text or subject and the educational depth and weight of discussion it can generate." Here Graff disagrees with the statement according to his own experiance. When we was young he used to analyze sports without having proper education. While arguing he was able to assert his views and listen to those of others.
On the page 204 author states, "To say that students need to see their interests "through academic eyes" is to say that street smarts are not enough." I think here Graff ridicules and disagrees with this statement. Mostly because he's biased, but he's point of view is even without education and without have that "academic formula" you still can be intellectual and be equal to those with education.
How can you be intellectual about sports? lol

I'd categorize myself into very creative person. Art, music, writing and extraordinary ways of thinking were always my trump. With time I discovered a lot of new things, such as gaming, acting, drawing, constructing, poeting, puzzling, designing and many others; where my talant/skill was usefull. Things like that are easy for me to obsess. Even though I always new I'm capable of doing something like these, just recently I've apllied it in practice.

 


 

1 comment: