Saturday, June 28, 2014

What I Know About Dracula

Dracula is a man that wears a long black cape,has sharp pointy fangs, and sucks mortal's blood through their neck, "In my point of view that is". I have seen many different kinds forms of Dracula , from Edward Cullens in Twilight to Count Dracula in Sesame Street. I don't really know a lot about Dracula, but what I do know is that he is still a very famous character in books, movies, and theather. There are books that are about him, movies inspired by him, even little children dress up like him for Halloween. Dracula is a known figure by everyone. At first, I thought that Dracula was all about sucking blood and turning into a bat, but there is so much more then that. Throughout history, Dracula has evolved to being a lover, fighter, and a terrifying  monster. Back in the day, Dracula look had so many features. He had sharp, long, pointy teeth, a long black cape, a white pale face, wore a suit, and was just evil to the bone. As time moved forward, Dracula became a lover. In the movie Twilight, Edward Cullens "the vampire" was so in love with a girl named Bella Swan and would do anything to be with her. Dracula was also good for kids. In Sesame Street, Count "Dracula" taught children how to count. Dracula also has weaknesses. Back when it was all black and white, Dracula could be destroyed by garlic, a wooden stack, and sunlight. I don't think Dracula can be destroyed by anything now. I haven't seen too many vampire films in a very long time. Society has brought Dracula back to the 21st century in so many shapes and forms. Hopefully when I start reading the Bram Stoker, "Dracula", I can get a better vibe from the blood sucking devil.

 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you now in shows, movies and books vampires seem even more invisible than before, but some shows like "supernatural" keep it old school.

    ReplyDelete