Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valuable Information

While I was reading this chapter, every paragraph I had a constant thought if I did my essay in a right way of if I used “metacomentary”. Going back to the article “Creating the Myth” by Linda Seger, I went back and forth over the article again, I didn’t find exactly the sentence that were used in Chapter 10, but Seger always went back to her point and provided new evidence of her work. In addition to that, it helps the reader go more in depth with the text and see the clear point that the author makes. Going back to my essay, of course my essay isn’t good at all and I know that but I will definitely work on it harder to prove all my points and provide the reader with evidence and why I am writing this. From my point of view I have provided a good title to my essay, I won’t think the reader will find something different in my essay from the title. In my thoughts I don’t think I’ve provided the road map for the reader, but in my introduction I’ve provided all the work that will be used in there, and in thesis statement I gave a good explanation of what my topic will be about. However, I don’t use metacomnetary in my further work, I’ve explained what the article is about and I connected it to the pop culture. My mistake was that I didn’t use metacomentary in my naysayer; I feel that the reader will think that may be I’ve lost my point.  I went back to my essay now and I’ve noticed that I actually proved my points but them seem to be very long and the reader may go off the track from my essay. I think my text is long enough, but I still have to use metacomentory. This chapter was very helpful, it much easier to go back my essay and search for exact mistakes.

Use of templates in making metacomntary in my essay: “This point should be of interest to anyone who studies films and how through these films we see the influence of one person to another, and how can we apply sometimes these legends and myths to our real life. The relationship that is drawn between the reality and the myth, people who studies our minds, our behavior our reaction to our environment, and I think anyone could find the correlation between myths, heroes, legends stories and use them in life. And on the other hand there could real stories from our time our past that can be told differently but the message is the same”.  Consider Linda Seger, for example. She provides us with the evidence my why tend to like myth stories and she explains as we all grew in one culture from our birth we have been taught to these myth, sometimes they make our life to be more colorful and inspirational.

1 comment: