Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow, Snow, and More Snow!

Hey Class!

So obviously, the weather is crazy today, and I understand that some of you couldn't make it to class. No worries.

EXCEPT that I have your rough drafts, which you need to start revising! So, if you would like me to, I can try to scan and e-mail you your draft with my comments over the weekend. Just send me an e-mail before the end of the day saying you'd like me to do so, and I'll try to get to a library with a scanner tomorrow!

In the meantime, be sure to read either Chapter 13 or 14 from TSIS. Both are about the rules for writing in other fields of academia. Pick the one that seems more interesting or relevant to your major, read it, and be prepared to explain it to someone who picked the other chapter in class on Tuesday.

For bonus blog points, also write a post explaining how writing for the field you chose is different from the kinds of writing we tackled this semester. In other words, how could you take what you learned here and apply it to writing for a course in the field you chose? That will be due Tuesday, by 9am sharp!

Stay warm, be safe, and enjoy your long weekend!

Questions? Quibbles? Controversies?

PS As public transportation service is looking questionable, I'll be leaving office hours early today. If you're looking for me, e-mail me your questions, and we can chat over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment