Monday, January 27, 2014

Five Phrases From The Christmas Carol

Stave one.
" A merry Christmas, uncle! God save you" cried cheerful voiece. It was the voice of Scrooge's nephew, who came upon him so quickly that this was the first intimation he had of his approach.


anotation:
 


stave two.
when the chimes of a neighboring church struck the four quaters. So he listened for the hour.

To his astonishment the heavy bell went on from six to seven, and from seven to eight, and regularly up to twelve; then stopped.


Anotation:
What in the world is this? I was so confused, I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't figured out what time it really was. I found out that it was only one whole night at the very end of stave five.


Stave three:
So Martha hid herself, and in came little Bob, the father, with at least three, hanging down before him; and his thresdbare clothes derned pu and brush, to look seasonable.


Anotation:

Stave four:
I was shrouded in a deep black garmnet, which concealed its head....


Anotation:

Stave five:
He turned it gently, and sidled his face in,round the door.


Anotation:
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I think in stave two it just meant that he was waiting in anticipation for a spirit to come since he was told that it would come at a certain hour when the bell tower rung. So it just means he was waiting hour by hour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the pictures of your notes for these annotations. For some reason I felt like my drawings that I had did really compare to the annotations and quotes I had they were more like doodles.

    ReplyDelete