Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Christmas Carol Stave's



Stave One
 Quote: " Up Scrooge went, not caring a button for that: darkness is cheap, and Scrooge liked it."
Annotation: I found it very funny that someone would suffer in the dark when he had the money to have light. It’s a shame how cheap this guy Scrooge is.

Stave Two
 Quote: "His partner lies upon the point of death, I hear; and there sat alone. Quite and alone in the world, I do believe."
Annotation: This is a sad point in the book when Scrooge realizes that he’s alone in this world because of chooses he made. Scrooge would have had a more joist life if he wasn’t so money hungry.

Stave Three
 Quote: "Spirit, said Scrooge, with an interest he had never felt before, tell me if Tiny Tim will live."
Annotation: Scrooge is now sad to see this innocent kid die in vain. I think his mood changes between the feeling of compassion and sympathy towards Tiny Tim’s struggle, but more so the feeling of empathy if Tiny were to die. I think it hurt Scrooge because he lost those dear to him and he doesn’t want to see that to Bob.

Stave Four
 Quote: "Spirit neither spoke nor moved. But pointed."
Annotation: I found this interesting. I just thought to myself, how is this ghost teaching Scrooge anything by pointing? But I learnt through reading that to see something happen can change your perspective of what you’re doing and how to improve on it.

Stave Five
 Quote:  "He had no further intercourse with Spirits, but lived upon the Total Abstinence Principle, ever afterwards; and it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man possesses the knowledge."
Annotation: It was a very good reading to see a drastic change that occurred from a greedy old lonely man to a fun cheerful man full of life and a new found happiness. It always good to have someone help you out and I can further see this in Scrooge future. Hopefully he has someone to follow in his practices.

1 comment: