Monday, September 16, 2013

Hang on there Jonathan!

     Since I'm reading "Dracula" by Bram Stocker not for the first time I surely can say that I'm not upset or disappointed as I thought I would be. The book is very interesting and for some parts even intriguing. Before I opened the book I thought that it won't be as fun and enjoyable as for the people who reads it for the first time, but to my surprise, I am excited as if never read it before. I think that a good classic book is never boring and to reread particularly this one is even better, because now I understand it better and find more new detailed that I've probably missed earlier.
     The book "Dracula" starts with Jonathan Harker's journal entrees, where he writes about his traveling to the Count Dracula's castle through the Transylvania. At first he's very excited of his journey, however on the way he mets people who are trying  to talk him out of going to the Count on that night. He goes without any suspicion of being "trapped." Eventually Jonathan discovers the ugly truth of the whole situation and tries to find a solution of what to do and how to act in the company of the Count "my only plan will be to keep my knowledge and my fears to myself, and my eyes open."
   

2 comments:

  1. I agree the book is quite intrriguing it keeps you on your toes .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late!

    Also, where your connection to King's article?

    Regardless, I'm glad you're enjoying it, again :-)

    ReplyDelete