Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dress it up, Dress it down then Mix it up

Exercise 1: paragraph taken from page 195 TSIS

Original Paragraph:
        
        I grew up as a typical mid 1980s latchkey kid. My parents were split up, my dad off trying to rebuild his life, my mom working long hours to make the monthly bills. Lunch and dinner, for me, was a daily choice between Mc Donald's, Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken or Pizza Hut. Then as now, these were the only available options for an American kid to get an affordable meal. By age 15, I had packed 212 pounds of torpid teenage tallow on my once lanky 5- foot -10 frame.

Dress Down:

I grew up as a typical mid 1980s own-way kid. My parents split up, my dad was off trying to reclaim his life, my mom working long hours to make ends meet. Lunch and dinner, for me, was a choice between Mc Donald's, Taco Bell, KFC or Pizaa Hut. Just as now, these were the affordable staple for an American kid. By age 15, I was an obese 212 glob on my once lanky 5 foot 10 frame.

Dress Up:

I grew up as a typical mid 1980s unsupervised kid. My parents were separated, my dad moved and was trying to start over, while my mom was working long hours to pay the monthly bills. Lunch and dinner, for me was a daily choice between McDonald's, Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut. Then, as it is now, there were the only affordable, available meals for an American kid. By age 15,I had packed 212 pounds of torpid teenage tallow on my once lanky 5 foot 10 frame.

Mix it up:

I grew up as a typical mid- 1980s latchkey kid. My parents split, my father off trying to reclaim his life, my mom working long hours trying to make ends meet. Lunch and dinner, for me was either McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC or Pizza Hut. Then, as it is now, these were the only available options for an American kid to obtain an affordable meal. By the age of 15, I had packed 212 pound glob on my once lanky 5-foot-10 frame.
     

1 comment:

  1. You can do better than this, Dennika! These versions are hardly different :-/

    ReplyDelete