Sunday, June 30, 2013

Can You Keep My Attention?

        Hidden Intellectualism by Gerald Graff basically examples his thoughts on the educational system and how unfocused he was as a student ,he felt as if instructors didn't or more like dont  take time out to figure out what their students are interested in ,which makes it easy to lose their attention. Graff main focus was sports so in his days as a student and because none of his instructors know, he wasn't concern about anything they were teaching  especially if it didn't involve sports. Gerald Graff  also believed that knowing whats going on around you was more important that what was being taught in school, what people call being " street smart". 

           As I was reading Hidden Intellectualism by Gerald Graff I was cooking so the first time I read it, it was a bit unclear but the second time gave me a more clearer view of the text and I had to reread certain parts, at times. Yes, I was a little distracted because I didn't find the reading interesting but there was parts that really caught my attention.

1 comment:

  1. Proofread ;-)

    Other than that, why haven't you told us about your experience of reading the text? Which parts caught your interests? Which parts needed to be reread? Etc.!

    ReplyDelete