Sunday, June 30, 2013

Intellectualism has it's many forms

     Hidden Intellectualism by Gerald Graff tackled the subject that pretty much any and every student complains about while going to school, that being they do not find the topics being taught interesting. Graff spoke about how when he was going to school he did not pay attention to the lesson's being taught but he engaged himself within the sports world. He would spend his days reading biography books about famous sports icons and reading Sport's Illustrated. Graff also gives the analysis that when you engage yourself in schoolwork you isolate yourself from the world but when you engage yourself into a topic you are interested / show passion for you are apart of a world large community.

     While reading this article I sat at my computer desk, watching a video game charity stream. For those who do not know what a stream is that is not a body of water, the type of stream I am referring to is an online broadcast through a third party site such as Twitch.tv which streams anything video game related from various people. Overall I found the article easy to read, took me about 10-15minutes because I kept looking up at my computer screen to see what was going on in the game.

1 comment:

  1. Good summary!

    But you didn't really tell me anything about your experience reading. Did you take notes? Have trouble with any parts? Etc.

    ReplyDelete